Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Drum roll please... and he is going to...

My family had a very big weekend. My baby brother turned his mission papers in two weeks ago. A week ago Sunday, David called and told us the bishop told him that his mission call had left Church Head quarters that Friday. So we thought that he would get it on Monday. I waited till 11:30 and called my mom to see if the mail had come yet. Nope I called again at 12:30, 2:30, finally at 4 she called and said no letter today. Tuesday, same thing, no letter. Wednesday, no letter again. How can this be? They live 20 minutes from church head quarters. David could have driven up there and gotten it a lot faster. So we thought, ok maybe next Wednesday. Well on Thursday my mom called and said he got it! Carl and I were planning on going up to be there when he opened it. We were also planning on going up there again the same weekend to help get things finished for my other brother's wedding this coming weekend. So when we found out he got it on Thur day we were thinking that we were going to have to drive up Thursday night, come home Friday morning at 5am to make it back for work, and then go back up Friday night to help with wedding preparations. David, decided that would be way too much driving for us, so he said he would wait to open it on Friday night when we got there. Amazing!

Friday we got there and then we had to wait for everybody else to get there. So to make a long story short he opened it, and he is going to....... Brazil, Portuguese speaking. Sorry I can't remember the name of the mission, but I do know that it is on the coast of Brazil and that it gets 15" of rain in July.

We also got to go through the Draper Temple with David for his first time that Saturday. He wanted to be able to be at the Sealing of our other brother this coming weekend. So ya, big weekend for us. David had a lot to take in in less that 24 hours, and as always he took it in stride and did a great job!

I am so proud of you bud! You are going to make one amazing missionary!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe it! Time flies! I'm so happy for David. That is going to be an awesome mission.

djzmcallister said...

Congrats to your brother, it is so hard to have them leave but you have to be so happy and proud of them. I do not have much time left so I am not booking anymore photoshoots than I already have. I would have loved to take them, but I will let you know when I come down if I ever have time I can do them when I come and visit. I hope I can make it up to Cedar before we leave, it was so fun seeing you guys, I would like to be able to spend a little more time with all of you before I leave. :-)

Meagan said...

Congrats to you brother- that's awesome. Ry's little brother just got called to Honduras- we are very excited for him as well. Looks like you've been having a fun summer! I heard you got a teaching job as well- Congratulations- that's so exciting for you:). Where are you teaching and wehn do you start? Good luck with everything!