Friday, November 21, 2008

The question we have all been asking...the book or the movie?

Don't worry, no spoilers in my ramblings.

Well, after all of the long months of waiting, the Twilight movie is finally here!!!!! I went and saw it with Misty, Kim, and a bunch of girls from work. Did I like the movie? What a good question. Let's see if I can make my answer short and simple (probably not.) :O) The short answer is, yes, I think I did like it.

The longer answer is, it was interesting. Let me first start off by saying I have never been one of those "the book is so much better than the movie" types of people. I always thought it was so funny that people couldn't just separate the book from the movie. I mean really people can't you just enjoy the book for the book, and enjoy the movie for the movie? Well this was the attitude I wanted to have when I first found out that they were going to make the movie. But the more I watched the previews and read the little tidbits on Stephenie Meyer's website, the more worried I got about being able to separate the book and the movie. I mean this book is near and dear to my heart, lol! But seriously, it is. :O) I kept telling Kim that we would go to the movie and just think "hey this movie reminds me of my favorite book, Twilight" (Yeah, I couldn't do it this time, not with this movie)

Ok, so now that I rambled, let me try to explain the long answer. Yes I did like the movie... I think. They did a good job staying to the storyline. They never really strayed from it. Yeah!!! But how do you fit a 500 page story into two hours? You don't, at least not like the story deserves. That is all I am going to say on the matter because I don't want to spoil it for those of you who weren't crazy enough to see it at midnight. All I can say is this time, I was one of those cliche people saying "it is not as good as the book".

I would say, go in with low expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

I enjoyed the ramblings- I'm even more excited now actually. I feel like it's been a long time since I actually read Twilight so I don't remember all the little details. I was going to read it this week to get ready for the movie, but I'm glad I didn't cuz hopefully it will help me to separate book and movie- all I've been watching like you are the previews for the movie so it's been getting me really excited about the movie. Sounds like you had so much fun! I'm worried about Ryan and Kacey and Ry's dad all being critics of the movie and ruining it for me afterward, but maybe they'll like it more since none of them have read it. My big question is did Edward finally grow on you? Did he fulfill the role of the character for you? I remember you guys didn't like him at all at first, but for some weird reason, I loved him (as the character) from the start.

The Rawlings Duo said...

Thanks for the info! I am going to see it with my sisters next weekend... we'll see how it goes for me :o)

Courtney said...

Jen, I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog through Britney's.

As for the movie, I have to say that I loved it. I thought the whole thing was put together nicely. Although there are a couple things I think they could have put in, but other than that, it was great!

maren & derek said...

Jen--
It's so good to see you!! Or at least pictures of you! Um, yeps, we're expecting another boy at the end of December, but we sure do make time to go shooting with Kacy & Joe. Derek & Joe work together, and we've got some other mutual friends...But I'm so happy to hear from you and hope you have fantastic holidays!
Maren